Board of Elections
General ElectionTuesday, November 6, 2018 Polling Places Will Be Open From 6 A.M. To 9 P.M.
Candidate List – Updated October 10, 2018
To check if you are Registered to Vote, including your Election District Information, Party
Affiliation and Voting Location,
EXTENDED HOURS FOR ABSENTEE VOTING FOR THE
NOVEMBER 6TH, 2018 GENERAL ELECTION.
|WEDNESDAY, October 24, 2018||9 AM – 7 PM|
|THURSDAY, October 25, 2018||9 AM – 7 PM|
|SATURDAY, October 27, 2018||9 AM – 5 PM|
|SUNDAY, October 28, 2018||9 AM – 5 PM|
|WEDNESDAY, October 31, 2018||9 AM – 7 PM|
|THURSDAY, November 1, 2018||9 AM – 7 PM|
|FRIDAY, November 2, 2018||9 AM – 7 PM|
|SATURDAY, November 3. 2018||9 AM – 5 PM|
|SUNDAY, November 4, 2018||9 AM – 5 PM|
Board of Elections
The Board of Elections is a New York State mandated agency funded by Nassau County administered by a bipartisan representation of the two major parties in the state; the Republican and Democratic Parties.
- Register voters.
- Conduct Primary, General, and Special elections.
- Canvass election results.
- Certify election winners.
- Maintain registration records for those county residents who file a registration form either by mail or in person.
- Provide registration forms to schools, universities, post offices, libraries, Department of Motor Vehicles, and designated government agencies throughout the county.
To keep records up to date we use:
- Resident information from various sources including the Department of Health.
- Official notifications from other Boards of Elections in the state, and throughout the country.
- The National Change of Address Listing.
From these lists we transfer voters to new addresses, cancel those who have moved out of the county, and every August send registered voters a notice of registration to verify their residence and voting status.
For further information,you may contact us at our offices in Mineola either in-person, by phone, or by fax.
Nassau County Board of Elections
240 Old Country Road (5th Flr)
Mineola, New York 11501
Phone: (516) 571-VOTE (8683)
Fax: (516) 571-2058