***REGISTER YOUR HOUSEHOLD WITH OUR VILLAGE’S EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM TODAY–GIVE US YOUR NAME(S) & NUMBER(S) BY PHONE AT 516-352-8047/ EMAIL INFO@SOUTHFLORALPARK.ORG/ FAX 516-352-0651 OR FOR MORE INFO SEE OUR POST***
- Water: At least one gallon per person per day
- Food: Non-Perishable items, canned food, energy bars, peanut butter and other nutritious foods that require no refrigeration, preparation or cooking
- First Aid Kit
- Battery-powered flashlight and radio
- Personal items & toiletries
- Important documents including cash: ATM cards (machines may not work)
- Important family documents in a waterproof, portable container: copies of driver’s license/wills/birth and marriage certificates/insurance policies/proof of residence/recent tax returns/social security cards/passports/home inventory list
- Special items for infants, elderly, pets or persons with special needs
- Written instructions for how to turn off electricity, gas and water if instructed to do so by officials
1.Create a Family Disaster Plan which includes a Family Communications Plan and a Family Evacuation Plan. Outline responsibilities for each member.
2.Stay informed: Listen to local officials. Know potential evacuation routes.
3.Stay tuned to local weather and news.
4VS– Four Village Studio (Channel 18 Optimum or Channel 28 FiOS)
NEWS 12-Channel 12-Long Island News
TV12TW-Channel 61-Long Island Traffic & Weather
TWC-Channel 62-The Weather Channel